Mentor and Mentee: Expectations, Reality and Lessons Learned
A mentor and mentee relationship is a learning experience for everyone involved. This summer ThinkShout hired 3 interns. One of those positions was a front end intern, Katrina. Eric was the mentor for the internship.
In any project or experience there is what you expect and what actually happens when you go through it. In this talk we’ll share:
- Our initial goals and expectations for the internship
- The reality of the experience and the work
- Finally, the lessons we learned along the way
1. Establishing initial goals and expectations for the internship
2. The reality of the experience and the work
3. Finally, the lessons we learned along the way
Eric has been doing web development since 2007. He has worked on mobile and web applications in a variety of industries, including government and nonprofit. He is currently a senior front end engineer at ThinkShout in Portland, OR. He is passionate about music and has a bit of a record collection.
Katrina has been designing and building websites since 1996 but only recently decided to make it a career. She is also the executive producer and co-host of PDX Tech Talk, a radio show dedicated to the Portland tech community.